The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Canada Day, Wednesday, July 1.
· All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
· OC Transpo is offering free service on Canada Day and operating a special holiday schedule with extra service during the day and after the fireworks. The O-Train Trillium Line will run throughout the day and all evening until midnight. Routes 101, 120, 123, 137, 150, 151, 161, 162, 165, 173, 174, 178, 196, 203 and all peak period routes will not operate on July 1. Call 613-560-1000, or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number, for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
· OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be closed, with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· The OC Transpo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
· OC Transpo Customer Relations Office (613-842-3600) will be closed.
· Para Transpo is offering free service on Canada Day. A holiday service will operate on July 1. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Canada Day on or after June 25 by calling 613-244-7272.
· Para Transpo operations:
o Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
o Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
o Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
o Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
o Trip cancellation and general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 a.m.to 12:30 a.m.
· Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Thursday, July 2.
· The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed on Canada Day. Business will resume as usual on Thursday, July 2.
· The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons living with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY: 613-580-2401).
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection:
· There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Canada Day. Canada Day’s pick-up will take place on Thursday, July 2. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. For curbside collection inquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
· There will be no multi-residential collection of bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Canada Day. Canada Day’s pick-up will take place on Thursday, July 2. Recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of June 29.
· The Trail Waste Facility is closed.
· Some outdoor pools, indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, and fitness classes, with modified schedules. Please check ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
· All beaches, splash pads and some wading pools, will be open, weather permitting.
· Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
· The latest Food Premises and Personal Service Settings (tattoo and body piercing studios, hairdressing and barbershops, nail salons, electrolysis and various other services) public health inspection reports are available online 24/7.
· The Sexual Health Centre and Satellite Clinics will be closed.
· The Dental Clinics and Well Baby Drop-in will be closed.
· Site program – Site office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· The Ottawa Public Health Information Line will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information onTwitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
· Celebrate Canada Day at your local historic site!
· Pinhey’s Point Historic Site
· Billings Estate National Historic Site
· Cumberland Heritage Village Museum
· Fairfields Heritage House
· City Hall Art Gallery and OAG (Ottawa Art Gallery) Annex will remain open.
· City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed; however, clients should checkottawa.ca or their facility to confirm holiday hours, as some exceptions may apply.
· The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed.
Municipal child care services:
· City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
· All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. They will operate as usual on Thursday, July 2.