Residents and businesses are advised that as a result of the North American Leaders’ Summit on Wednesday, June 29, there will be significant traffic impacts to roads, as well as waterways and airspace for the duration of the visit.
Road closures and mobility impacts – Downtown 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Sussex Drive, from Rideau Street to Boteler Street
- Lady Grey Drive
- Rideau Street, from Mackenzie Avenue to Dalhousie Street
- Mackenzie Avenue
- Alexandra Bridge
- St-Patrick Street closed at Dalhousie Street
- St-Andrews Street, Guigues Avenue, Murray Street and Clarence Street, from Sussex Drive to Parent Avenue
- George Street, from Sussex Drive to ByWard Market
- Elgin Street northbound, from Queen Street to Wellington Street
- Colonel By and the Mackenzie Avenue extension, closed between Rideau Street and Daly Avenue
- Continued access will be provided from the east and north of the ByWard Market with some delays and reduced parking opportunities due to road closures and re-routing of traffic
- Mackenzie King Bridge is closed to pedestrians for short periods only
Road closures and mobility impacts – Parliament Hill area 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wellington Street will be closed eastbound at Lyon and westbound at Kent
- Bank Street from Wellington Street to Queen Street
- O’Connor Street from Wellington Street to Queen Street
- Metcalfe Street from Wellington Street to Albert Street
- Elgin Street southbound, from Wellington Street to Queen Street, and northbound between Albert Street to Wellington Street
- Queen Street will have restrictions between Elgin Street and Metcalfe Street
- Queen Street is open, eastbound only, between Bay Street and O’Connor Street
Additional impacts in the core:
- The bike path below Parliament Hill will be closed from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- All government buildings on Parliament Hill will be closed to the public and tours, Changing of the Guard and Yoga Wednesday will be cancelled.
- Residents who are attending festivals or events in the downtown are advised to plan their route, taking into account any delays as a result of traffic impacts due to the summit.