Thank you for registering to participate in the Downtown Rideau LIVING FLAG 2017 event.
Please review the below information in preparation for the event to assist us in executing the Living Flag as efficiently as possible and to stay informed of any changes to our planning resulting from severe weather. We have reached our capacity (sorry, no room for on-site registrations):
- The LIVING FLAG will proceed rain or shine. It may be delayed in light rain, or cancelled in severe weather.
- In case of rain, we recommend you bring a rain poncho, which is safer in crowds than umbrellas.
- Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/downtownrideau/), Twitter (@DowntownRideau), Instagram (@DowntownRideau and our website for updates on any changes to our programming or to share or posts.
- The LIVING FLAG is located on Ogilvy Square, which is on Nicholas Street between Rideau and Besserer streets beside JOEY Restaurant and CF Rideau Centre.
- The event’s gates open at 11:30am
- For crowd management purposes, we are assigning participants with zones associated with your t-shirt registration and position on location on the Flag. We ask for your cooperation to stay in your zone, before, and during flag formation. NOTE: We have strived to provide you the t-shirt size you identified. However, we had to place our t-shirt order before all registrations were submitted. As a result, we may not have the size you ordered and you may be provided a size larger than you expected. We apologize if this is the case, and ask for your understanding.
- Washrooms are offsite. We encourage you to use the washroom facilities in CF Rideau Centre beside the Zara store before entering the event site. Enter CF Rideau Centre from Rideau Street at William before checking in at the LIVING FLAG.
- The site gates open at 11:30am. You must be checked in no later than 12:30pm to be guaranteed to be on the Flag.
- Do not leave bags and possessions unattended. Wear all bags on your body and hide during photograph.
- LIVING FLAG formation will begin at 12:40pm.
- Participants wearing red or white bottoms will be selected to be in the front row of the LIVING FLAG.
- Persons in wheelchairs will be placed on the edge of the LIVING FLAG near the front.
- Christina Mikhael is a talented local singer who will lead us in singing the national anthem before the LIVING FLAG photograph.
- Photograph will be at 1:00pm
- We will be doing a grand prize draw after the Flag photograph. Time of draw is approximately 1:10pm. Winner must be in attendance to receive the prize.
- LIVING FLAG photograph will be posted on our website at approximately 2:00pm downtownrideau.com for you to print and share on social media (#LivingFlagOttawa).
- The following programming is provided to entertain you while we distribute t-shirts:
- Live band (The Swift Brown Fox)
- Refreshments & Candy Bar
- Selfie Booth & Prop Box – don’t forget to use our Living Flag photo frames in our DwtnRideau APP. Download for free at: http://bit.ly/downtownrideauapp
We have created a special art exhibit of past LIVING FLAGS and will add 2017 after this year’s event. The exhibit is located in The Underpass, a pedestrian passage under Mackenzie Avenue on the SW corner of Rideau Street at Colonel By Drive.