Note A): Queen Elizabeth Driveway is closed between Laurier Avenue and Preston Street during the times noted below.
Laurier Avenue between Elgin Street and Nicholas Street including Laurier Avenue off-ramp
The above-specified street closure may be in effect on the following days and times:
(1) Saturdays, 3, 10, & 17 February 2018 from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.;
(2) Sundays, 4, 11, & 18 February 2018 from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(3) Monday, 19 February 2018 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
a. To support the above-specified closures, security workers, volunteers, and/or Police officers, traffic control barrels and/or barricades, flashing beacons and “Road Closed” signs are required as outlined in Barricade Plan.
b. At all pre-determined locations, the organizer shall install and remove required traffic barrels, barricades, Road Closed signs and flashing beacons as directed by City staff or the Ottawa Police. Volunteers wearing safety vests are required where barrels/barricades are required.
To secure the closure of Laurier Avenue between Elgin and Nicholas Streets, the following barricade requirements must be adhered to:
(1) Barricades across Laurier Avenue at Elgin Street and at Nicholas Street are required. These barricades shall be placed just inside the intersections so that through traffic on Elgin Street and Nicholas Street is unimpeded. These barricades shall be staffed at all times to assist emergency vehicles through the barricaded area if necessary. To this end, it is required that a 6.0 m passageway be kept clear of obstacles at all times within the street closure so that emergency vehicles can proceed through unimpeded.
(2) Barrels along Elgin Street are required to close off the two southbound left-turn lanes at Laurier Avenue (to all traffic except Sno-buses that will be turning left on to Laurier Avenue from the lane immediately west of the lane adjacent to the median). Barrels are also required along Nicholas Street to close off the two northbound left-turn lanes at Laurier Avenue. In addition, barrels on Nicholas Street are required to close the dedicated southbound right-turn lane at Laurier Avenue.
(3) A barricade is further required across the Queen Elizabeth Driveway at Somerset Street so that southbound traffic can be easily diverted west on Somerset Street. This barricade shall be staffed at all times and is intended to accommodate staff of the National Arts Centre (NAC) and other local traffic that must be permitted access.
- Police supervision must be secured for this event.
- The organizer shall notify all residents and businesses that may be affected by this event at least ten days prior to its occurrence.
- Vehicular accommodation for individuals requiring access to the Courthouse parking facility on Laurier Avenue, the City Hall parking facility on Elgin Street, and for National Arts Centre deliveries must be maintained.
Please contact Pertrina Bonia at the city with any questions at 613-580-2424 extension 28164 or Michelle McElligott at extension 25566.