We invite you and your family to be part of Ottawa’s only Living Flag this Canada Day!
Come on up to the picturesque ROOFTOP of CF RIDEAU CENTRE (50 Rideau Street) in the heart of Downtown Rideau on July 1 to celebrate Canada and be a body in our Living Flag! Receive a commemorative Canada 151 Living Flag t-shirt, a professional group photo of the flag (download), complimentary refreshments, live music, camaraderie, a chance to win some great door prizes and sing the Canadian national anthem with hundreds of new friends (we’ll have song sheets for international visitors unfamiliar with our anthem).
Pre-register online to guarantee your spot, receive a t-shirt (check out the design below!) and be eligible for door prizes. Ensure you reserve a spot for each member of your group by selecting more than one FREE ticket. A friendly reminder to please dress in white shorts, skirts or pants if you wish to be in the front row of the flag (for photo purposes). If you miss pre-registration, but still want to be in our flag, don’t fret. Wear a red or white shirt, show up at 10:30 and we’ll squeeze you into the back of the flag for the photo.
- CF Rideau Centre escalators or elevators above/beside Bento on Level 1 (which take you to Level 4 rooftop next to Simons’ top floor).
- Nordstrom’s top floor Bazille Restaurant.
- Stairs to rooftop beside CF Rideau Centre’s entrance on Mackenzie King Bridge.
- Stairs off Colonel By Drive between the Shaw Centre and Westin Hotel.
- Stairs from red parking garage.
- From Westin Hotel through CF Rideau Centre to the escalators near Sephora.
- From Rideau Street Freiman Mall entrance (beside Score Pizza) to the escalator ahead.
The Downtown Rideau Living Flag is produced by the Downtown Rideau Business Improvement Area (DRBIA) in partnership with CF Rideau Centre and Nordstrom.
- Complimentary refreshments provided by the DRBIA.
- Refreshing flavour enhanced-water and fresh fruit stations courtesy of Nordstrom.
- Restroom facilities courtesy of CF Rideau Centre and Nordstrom.
- Grab and Go breakfast items for purchase to enjoy outside on the rooftop available at Nordstrom’s rooftop restaurant Bazille.
- Special Canada Day breakfast and lunch menu items for purchase available inside Bazille restaurant or outside on their rooftop patio.
The coveted t-shirts!
Floor plans to the rooftop:
Plan accordingly around street closures:
Other nearby Canada Day fun to check out after the Living Flag:
- Free programming at the Ottawa Art Gallery
- Free programming at the National Arts Centre
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival
- Free admission to the Bytown Museum
Watch this area on our page for updates of other events in Downtown Rideau on Canada Day.
Jul. 1 @ 9:30 AM - 11:30 PM
Living Flag 2018 – Canada Day
Stay in the loop
Latest and greatest at the Downtown Rideau B.I.A.
Follow the transformation and be in the know about new stores, chef features, promotions, construction updates, traffic disruptions and what’s new in Downtown Rideau.Read the news