There are several exciting developments in Downtown Rideau. We strive to provide you with up to the minute details on Construction Projects and Traffic Impacts in our district. As always, Downtown Rideau is open for business during construction.
Rideau Street Construction Projects
Ottawa Light Rail Transit (OLRT) Construction
Public Realm Plan
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information.
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras along Highway 417
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city