As part of the O-Train Confederation Line Light Rail Transit Project, starting on January 16, 2016, a new construction staging area will be installed on Rideau Street.
WHAT: A new construction staging area will be installed on Rideau Street protected by fencing
and decorative hoarding (temporary boarding on fencing).
WHEN: Starting January 16, 2016, and continuing until 2018.
WHY: To aid in construction of the Rideau Station entrances and tunnel vent shafts.
WHERE: On the north side of Rideau Street, between Dalhousie and Nicholas streets.
– Pedestrians will continue to have access to the north side of Rideau Street via a two-metrewide walkway between the construction hoarding and the storefronts.
– Regular vehicular traffic continues to be prohibited on Rideau Street between Sussex Drive and Dalhousie Street. Access remains open to transit services, local deliveries and taxi pick-up and drop-offs.
– The street will be reduced to one lane in each direction in the area until 2018.
– Access to the businesses will remain open throughout the construction period. Pedestrians can still access them via a two-metre-wide walkway between the hoarding and the storefronts.
– The decorative hoarding will have artist’s renderings depicting the new streetscaping and business facades.