World-class light-rail transit (LRT) is about to arrive in Downtown Rideau!
The O-Train’s RIDEAU STATION in Downtown Rideau will be the system’s busiest station and begin welcoming customers on Saturday, September 14, 2019. To celebrate this momentous event, the Downtown Rideau B.I.A. is partnering with the ByWard Market B.I.A. (BMBIA), City of Ottawa, and our Ward 12 councillor Mathieu Fleury, to greet O-Train riders on the opening day of RIDEAU STATION.
Our friendly team will also be handing out promo items and information on Downtown Rideau attractions and the businesses in the area.
Schedule of Events
- 11:30 Highlander Pub, live music and DJ with Jeff DeValk
- 1:30 Executive Directors of Downtown Rideau B.I.A. and ByWard Market B.I.A. Peggy DuCharme and Jasna Jennings, respectively, welcoming remarks
- 1:35 Mayor Jim Watson, welcoming remarks, along with Councillor Fleury
- 2:30 The Highlander Pub presents a bagpiper
- 2:30 Programming inside Rideau Station begins and runs through until 4:30, to include entertainment by local act Dynamic featuring Aspects. The artist Jim Verburg will be present throughout the afternoon to talk about his public art installation at the station entitled The shape this takes to get to that (the grid, its daily interruption, and the possible options that exist). Councillor Fleury’s staff will be on hand to meet with the public as well.
O-Train Ambassadors, easily recognized in their bright red vests, will be on site in and around the station for transit way finding and service info.
🚈 Welcome Aboard! What’s going on September 14? (OC Transpo)
🚈 Check out Rideau Station (OC Transpo)
🚈 LRT: From public washrooms to retail, your station-by-station guide (Ottawa Citizen)
There are 3 access points to RIDEAU STATION from Rideau Street as illustrated here.
William Mall — NE corner Rideau/William at Scotiabank
10 Rideau Street Office Tower — SE corner Rideau/Colonel By beside entrance to CF Rideau Centre
50 Rideau Street — south side of Rideau at Farm Boy entrance inside CF Rideau Centre