COVID-19: Information for Businesses
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Downtown Rideau B.I.A. (DRBIA) is working closely with all levels of government to help keep businesses, employees and the public safe and healthy. As stewards of the Downtown Rideau community, our primary role in this time of crisis it to ensure our members can access accurate, up-to-the-minute information from the appropriate expert sources as quickly and effectively as possible.
Support for Downtown Rideau Businesses
The Downtown Rideau B.I.A. is engaged and actively working closely with the City of Ottawa, Mayor’s Economic Partners Task Force, relevant agencies and other B.I.A.s throughout the city, to establish support programs for our business members during closures, and in preparation to reopen.
- Creating a list of Downtown Rideau businesses providing services for promotion on the City of Ottawa’s #BuyLocal website, and consultation with the City on businesses’ challenges and needs.
- Creating a promotional campaign supported with digital advertising: SUPPORT LOCAL…From A Safe Distance to assist members offering services during closures.
- Creating a Downtown Rideau ONLINE STORE to host the SUPPORT LOCAL campaign linking to members’ online stores to promote on our networks, digital advertising and the City’s #BuyLocal web page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to link your online store. Tag @DowntownRideau in your social media posts so we can share your information.
- Creating a Downtown Rideau COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
Stay Safe and Healthy
As the #COVID19 situation unfolds, please be mindful of its impact on your #MentalHealth. It’s normal for situations like this to affect you and it’s completely OK to ask for help. If you need support, Distress Centre Ottawa is available 24/7 at 613-238-3311 or dcottawa.on.ca.
Our DRBIA team has prepared the following resource links for your quick reference:
Government of Canada
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Resources for Canadian businesses
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Temporary 10% Wage Subsidy
- Extending the Work-Sharing program
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Health Canada landing page
- Business Development Bank of Canada: Support for Entrepreneurs impacted by coronavirus
- Business continuity plan and templates for entrepreneurs
- Export Development Canada
- Employment Insurance and Labour and Occupational Health and Safety Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Employment and Social Development Canada
- Health Canada / Public Health Agency of Canada:Twitter, Facebook, Web
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre: As COVID-19 continues to spread globally, watch out for associated scams.
Provincial of Ontario
- Ontario Ministry of Health – stats and self assessment tool
- Ontario Ministry of Health: Twitter, Facebook, Web
City of Ottawa
- Ottawa Public Health: Twitter, Facebook, Web
- Distress Centre Ottawa is available 24/7 at 613-238-3311
- Communications Materials
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce – Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- Canadian Business Resilience Network — Small Business Relief Fund
- World Health Organization COVID-19 – Business and Employees
- Travel Restrictions are outlined here;
Credible Sources of Information
Please continue to visit the above credible sources of information and follow updates from Ottawa Public Health, Councilor Fleury and the City of Ottawa for the most accurate information as it becomes available. Our team will continue to post updates to the NEWS page on the DRBIA website with real time information on COVID-19 recommendations as it relates to member businesses.