The Downtown Rideau Street Ambassadors are are the eyes and ears of the district, placing calls for service response to the city, police and outreach services. They also provide on-street customer service and information on B.I.A. member offerings and services (where to eat, what to do, etc.). Combined with the Downtown Rideau Street Detail and Downtown Rideau Street Outreach programs, the Street Ambassadors are an integral part of providing a welcoming experience in Ottawa’s Arts, Fashion & Theatre District.
Download a PDF with more information on the 2019 Program, in both English and French.
June 4 – August 24 (12 weeks)
12:00PM to 6:30PM (Tuesday-Saturday)
- Provide a street presence monitoring and reporting public disorder for response
- Place calls for service response to the city, police, and outreach services
- Assist the public with tourism inquiries, directions and information on business and services in Downtown Rideau
- Provide front-line response to the public in case of accident or injury
- Document activity for evaluation to identify service gaps
- Maintain positive community relations with all Downtown Rideau stakeholders
- Engage and connect in-need individuals to connect people to services