The Downtown Rideau Street Ambassadors are an integral part of creating a welcoming experience in Ottawa’s Arts, Fashion & Theatre District. The Street Ambassador team works closely with the Street Detail program. Together, they provide comprehensive clean and safe services impacting the visitor experience in Downtown Rideau. Download a pdf with more detailed information here.
Walk the Downtown Rideau District in uniform as a point of contact for tourists, business members, and other members of the public. They will be responsible for notifying the Street Detail team of any maintenance issues requiring attention and communicate effectively.
To be customer service representatives and address public disorder issues such as noise, obstruction of the public right of way, litter, graffiti and aggressive behaviour.
June 21 – August 24, 2018
7 days a week, 7-hour shifts
- Must be returning to school in the fall
- High School Diploma or Post-Secondary Diploma (preferred)
- Knowledge of the Downtown Rideau District
- Attention to detail
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to interact with the public
- Proficiency in operating Apple devices
- First Aid and CPR an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Assist the public with tourism inquiries (directions, information on business and services in Downtown Rideau)
- Provide a street presence by monitoring and reporting public disorder to appropriate response teams
- Engage and connect in-need individuals to the appropriate social services
- Operate information kiosks to provide information and answer questions regarding directions and other tourist/visitor inquiries
- Document and report daily to the Public Spaces and Operations Manager for further action