The DOWNTOWN Rideau Street DETAIL is an integral part of creating a welcoming experience in Ottawa’s Arts, Fashion & Theatre District. The Street Detail team works closely with the Downtown Ambassadors program. Together, they provide comprehensive clean and safe services impacting the visitor experience in Downtown Rideau.
Walk the Downtown Rideau District in uniform and act as a point of contact for tourists, business members, and other members of the public. The successful candidate will provide upkeep, decor, and promotions maintenance tasks. The Street Detail team will document and report to the Public Spaces and Operations Manager. Download a pdf with more detailed information here.
To provide enhanced maintenance services in public space in Downtown Rideau.
June 21 – August 24, 2018
7 days a week, 3-8 hour shifts
- Must be returning to school in the fall
- Knowledge of Downtown Rideau District
- Attention to detail with good organization skills
- Ability to read and write tasks reports
- Ability to interact with the public
- Physically able to stand and walk the length of shift
- First Aid and CPR an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Pick up litter, sweep cigarettes, empty waste receptacles, and tidy street furniture
- Remove posters from lampposts and other services
Additional Supplier Services as Required
- Weed removal in public spaces
- Power wash assets
- Wash FX Poles
- Snow removal around FX Poles