Downtown Rideau Business Improvement Area (DRBIA) Street Teams summer program launched this summer and includes a brand new, much needed street outreach component produced in partnership with Centre 454 of the Anglican Social Services. The Downtown Rideau Street Outreach Program provides early intervention to individuals in crisis by engaging them on street with support; and providing businesses with an alternative to calling police or 911 for assistance.
Download a PDF with more information on the 2019 Program, in both English and French.
2019 Summer Season
June 4 – August 24, 2019
32.5 hours/week (Tuesday-Saturday)
June 4 – August 24, 2019 (12 weeks)
Reports to Public Space Operations Manager
- Provide DRBIA members with a phone number to call instead of police or 911 to respond to social service-related matters
- Connect individuals in crisis to social services support
- Provide a daytime drop-in service at Centre 454for individuals to go during inaccessible hours at homeless shelters
- Encourage individuals to use the daytime drop-in service to access a variety of services including food, socialization, showers, counselling and connection to social services support
- Document activity for evaluation to identify service gaps
- Maintain positive community relations with all Downtown Rideau stakeholders